When you are investing in a new radio and considering what requirements are important to you, if weight and comfort are primary considerations, followed by the benefit of the excellent system features of ETHOS, then the FrSky Tandem X18 series radios are obvious appropriate choices.
The Tandem X18 series dual-band telemetry radios benefit from an enhanced ergonomic design with rounded and more comfortable hand grips, along with an improved case design to make the radio fully stable when standing. The radio includes easy-to-reach sliders and switches, 4 standard stick trims with additional 2 extra trims added to provide more flexibility with flight attitude adjustments while operating the radio. The X18 series include further enhancements with integrated flash storage which improves and simplifies storage operation and use, and the interior of the radio has been designed with space and weight in mind, while still keeping all ETHOS setting and control features for the pilot to enjoy.
Internal 900MHz/2.4GHz Dual-Band & External Module Bay
The TD dual-band RF system combines both the features and advantages of FrSky 900MHz and 2.4GHz RF together in one system. The TD features real simultaneous dual-band longrange control with telemetry that achieves reliable end-to-end 4ms latency while maintaining a robust and high-quality signal link. The entire range of TD, ACCESS & ACCST D16 receivers are supported. The built-in TANDEM RF System supports ACCESS and ACCST D16 protocols.
In addition, the Tandem X18 series radios include a rear Lite version module bay to offer more options to connect external devices. FrSky welcomes working compatibility with the 3rd party products with their own developed technology following FrSky verified 3rd party compatibility-testing program.
ETHOS Operating System
ETHOS is a thoroughly new operating system, designed from the ground up by RC experts, providing users a powerful, intuitive, and flexible experience that can maximize the fun of RC Hobby!
- Enhanced ergonomic designed case with comfortable rounded hand grips
- 4 Standard Trims with additional 2 extra trims
- Integrate flash storage but also keep the internal TF card slot
- Easy-to-reach top switches and sliders
- With a flat base to improve stability when standing the radio
- Color Touch-Screen Displays
- 6 Quick-Mode Custom Buttons (Front) and 2 Momentary Buttons (Rear)
- Lite Type External Module Bay
- Built-in 6-axis Gyroscope Sensor
- Haptic Vibration Alerts and Voice Speech Outputs
- Supports Recharge System for 2S Li-ion Battery (USB Type-C Interface)
- High-speed PARA Wireless Training System
- MC18 All CNC High-Precision Hall-Sensor Gimbals with 10 Ball-Bearing
◦ Adjustable 45° / 60° stick travel (Additional Travel Limiter Tool is required)
TD-ISRM RF Module
- Built-in TD 900M/2.4G Dual-Band Internal RF Module
Supports Multiple Working Modes
- 2.4G ACCST D16 Mode (Compatible with ACCST Receivers with D16 V2 or later FW)
- 2.4GACCESS Mode (Compatible with ACCESS Receivers)*
- 900M ACCESS Mode (Compatible with ACCESS R9 868/915MHz Receivers)*
(*Capable of simultaneous working under ACCESS mode)
- 2.4G & 900M TD Mode (Compatible with TD Receivers)
- Long-range control and super-low latency with telemetry
(*Up to 50 to 100KM range and down to 4ms end-to-end latency)
- Clear and Intuitive UI Design
- Supports Dual Operation Modes of Radio Display (Touch and Non-Touch)
- Supports Multi-Language Switching
- Hardware/Software Version and Factory Version Detection
- Supports running LUA Scripts