August 6-8th, 2021
It's time to get out and have some fun!
RMRC FPV Fest is an incredibly fun event that is being held again at Flite Test's new golf course turned RC paradise in Minerva, Ohio. From Friday afternoon through Saturday, the entire course is shut down just for RC pilots to enjoy (thank you to those that contributed to the crowd source to take over the whole course!). Fun is the name of the game and we try to have as much of it as we can cram into 3 long days and nights. Contests, racing, and free flight are what you can expect to find here along with friends of the hobby. FPV (First person view), LOS (Line of sight), and RC cars are ALL welcome!
Meet some of the popular YouTube personalities from the Flite Test crew and fly along with them!
MultiGP chapter QRGO returns to bring multirotor racing to FPV Fest. Thank you, Paul and crew!
They'll be setting up Friday Morning, with fun flying Friday afternoon and racing on Saturday. For the drone racers, come for the racing and stay all weekend!
The crowd source was successful and we now have THE WHOLE GOLF COURSE FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND ALL DAY SATURDAY
Here are some updates:
- Following last year's "COVID" event, we are keeping things simple. The RMRC store will not be available, and we will not have an official announcer, but the fun will still be here!
- Paul Adkins will be running a single Multi-GP track on the main flight line instead of 2 tracks.
- The event is going from Friday August 6th through mid-day Sunday. You are welcome to arrive Thursday evening, but we won't be set up until Friday.
- CAMPING IS NOW HANDLED BY FLITE TEST! You will check in with them to purchase and get a camping pass. The price for camping is $15/night. (no electrical hookups, no showers)
- Ticket prices are staying at $30 since we're keeping it simple. One day passes for Friday or Saturday are $15.
So how are things going to be run this year?:
- Flite Test's Edgewater Airpark is a huge facility with plenty of room for proper social distancing.
- In addition to the great main flying area, you also can fly on the ENTIRE GOLF COURSE Friday afternoon through Saturday. Golf cart rentals are available at the main office.
- As part of keeping things simple, the RMRC store will NOT be available on site.
- We encourage the use of store pickup ahead of time and we can bring your items to the event.
- For those that sign up in advance, you can use coupon code FPVFEST2021 for 10% off any order through August 10. Good only for those signed up (and once we get the coupon set up for you). Some restrictions apply.
- Make sure you add the comment "BRING TO FPV FEST" if you want us to bring the items with us to the event! Orders must be placed before 2:00pm Thursday August 5 to be brought to the event.
- Flite Test is supplying restrooms since they are handling camping. THERE WILL BE NO SHOWERS THIS YEAR.
- Food can be purchased on-site at the golf course restaurant. Diane offers some great food options!
- Frequencies will be claimed with personal magnets and 30 minute time slots that we used last year.
- No Frequency cards will be given.
- Management will be based on the honor system.
- Don't shoot anyone down....DON'T PLUG IN WITHOUT HAVING YOUR TIME SLOT RESERVED!
BUY FULL EVENT PILOT TICKETS HERE
BUY SINGLE DAY FRIDAY OR SATURDAY ONLY PILOT TICKETS HERE
T-shirt sales are closed. We will have SOME available for purchase at the event, but we won't buy much extra and there are no guarantees any specific sizes will be available.
Spectators are FREE and welcome
Schedule is Now Posted! VIEW THE SCHEDULE
Registration Additional Options
- FPV Fest Shirts (no longer available to pre-order. Some will be available at the event)
- Camping ($15/night) is primitive, does not include hookups. This is handled fully by Flite Test this year, and you must purchase camping from them before setting up.
- FPV Flying
- Line of sight flight line
- Multirotor Racing with plenty of opportunity for Freestyle anywhere around the course.
Edgewater Airpark - 2401 Fox Ave SE, Minerva, OH 44657
For discussions about the event and to chat with who is attending, please check out the RMRC Hangout group on Facebook!