RFDesign RFD 900x Modem US FCC Approved Version
RFD900x-US New Features:
- Radio parameters pre-configured and locked for FCC compliance with CFR15.247
- New Processor, ARM 32 bit core.
- Air data rate: up to 224 kbit/s.
- AES Hardware accelerated encryption. *Fully working*
- RC PPM Passthrough with telemetry at the same time.
- Fully ESD protected + filtered - Every IO port is protected and filtered.
- Original SiK point to point firmware implemented.
- Long range >40km depending on antennas and GCS setup *80km demonstrated by Edge Research labs on a balloon, 57km in India, on Dipoles.
- 2 x RP-SMA RF connectors, diversity switched.
- 1 Watt (+30dBm) transmit power.
- Transmit low pass filter.
- > 20dB Low noise amplifier, high IP3.
- RX SAW filter.
- All I/O ESD protected and filtered.
- Re implemented SiK, field up-gradable with compatible SiK firmware, easy to configure.
- Small, light weight.
- License free use in Canada & USA
- Note: Not compatible with older modems
- RF : 2 x RP-SMA connectors
- Serial: Logic level TTL (+3.3v)
- Power: +5v, ~800mA max peak (at maximum transmit power)
- GPIO: 6 General purpose IO (Digital capable).
- Frequency Range: 902 - 928 MHz (USA)
- Output Power: 1W (+30dBm), controllable in 1dB steps ( +/- 1dB @=20dBm typical )
- Air Data transfer rates: 12, 56, 64, 125, 224 kbit/sec (User settable, 64kbit default)*
- UART data transfer rates: 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200, 230400, 460800, 1M baud (User settable, 57600 default)*
*note these values are correct as of version 3.16 SiK firmware
- Output Power: 1W (+30dBm)
- Receive Sensitivity: >-111 dBm at 12kbps, 105 at 64kbps and 98 at 200kbps
- Size: 30 mm (wide) x 57 mm (long) x 12.8 mm (thick) - Including RF Shield, Heatsink and connector extremities
- Weight: 18g
- Mounting: 3 x M2.5 screws, 3 x header pin solder points
- Power Supply: +5 V nominal, (+3.5 V min, +5.5 V max), ~800 mA peak at maximum power
- Temp. Range: -40 to +85 deg C
Software / GCS Support:
Most parameters are configurable via AT commands, Eg. baud rate (air/uart), power levels.
Integrated support for configuring the RFD900 radios is supported by APM Planner.
The default settings are at 57600 baud, N, 8, 1, and 64k air data rate.
The RFD900x-US manual is here: RFD900x Manual
The RFD900x-US SiK software manual is here : RFD900x Peer-to-peer Manual
Software features include:
- Frequency hopping spread spectrum (FHSS)
- Transparent serial link
- Point to Point
- Configuration by simple AT commands for local radio, RT commands for remote radio
- User configurable serial data rates and air datarates
- Mavlink protocol framing (user selectable)
- Mavlink radio status reporting (Local RSSI, Remote RSSI, Local Noise, Remote Noise)
- Automatic antenna diversity switching on a packet basis in realtime
- Automatic duty cycle throttling based on radio temperature to avoid overheating
The RFD900x-US is compliant with the following standards:
- FCC Part 15.247 (Frequency hopping and digitally modulated intentional radiators) FCC ID: 2ADLE-900X
- 1x RFDesign RFD 900x Modem
Does NOT include any antenna or cables.