In a market filled with compromises in fixed wing FPV designs, STRIX RC breaks this trend with the Nano Goblin. It is an endeavor to design an aircraft without flaws. If you design something that has inherent stability, it may not be efficient. A design might be exceedingly fast, but also prone to tip stalls at slower speeds. The list goes on and on. When an aircraft design is done right, and the best attributes collide, it becomes legendary. The Nano Goblin is straightforward to launch, steady in winds, extraordinarily efficient, and unwilling to drop a wing in a stall. One glance over the specifications list for the Nano Goblin and you will realize that this aircraft is truly one of a kind!
Extraordinarily Efficient - Does this sound like a dream? Out of the box flight times over 60 minutes possible with a wingspan that will not require a special trailer to transport it to the field, but instead fits on the front seat of your compact car. Add the STRIX Stix 3200mAH Li-ion battery to your order and these times are possible right out of the box. As much as 92 minutes and 40.2 miles of flight time and distance has been achieved with this design and the lightest gear possible!
250 Grams - Actually, the Nano Goblin weighs in around 225g with battery and an all-in-one camera! That means that you still have room for more equipment before your plane has exceeded the dreaded "2 sticks of butter" requirement that will probably be making a comeback in the future. Just ask our Canadian friends.
Non-intimidating - Buzzing the tower sounds like fun, but sometimes the neighbors don't appreciate the loud screams coming from your fly-bys in your 60" 12s wing. The Nano Goblin cruises at practically a whisper. If you have been uneasy about launching pusher planes in the past because you value your digits, the Nano Goblin can be easily launched with a light, discus-style toss.
Tenacity - The Nano Goblin comes back for more! We all know that EPP is king when it comes to durability. The STRIX team sacrificed over 50 original Nano Goblins in a quest to find the perfect molding temperature in order to ensure that each plane going forward is properly formed for the best durability. The main spar is 3mm square and travels down the wing well past the servos to give sufficient support. In addition to the main spar, additional carbon fiber is located in each elevon as well as the main body, forward of the motor. Just like with your flat EPP foamies, take a tube of Welders or Foam-Tac and fly all day with reckless abandon!
Unparalleled Flight - Flying the Nano Goblin has been likened to a micro fighter jet. It has no tendency to keep rolling after a control input and prefers to keep going where it was last pointed without the nose wandering over the horizon. As we said above, this aircraft stalls gracefully and simply dips its nose. Rolls are on the center axis and it can practically turn onto itself when you need to avoid the next tree line. The Nano Goblin also does not need absolutely perfect conditions to fly well and remains stable with very little wing wag.
"The Nano Goblin is to FPV airplanes what mini quads were to multirotors."
We know you will love this airframe!
- Wingspan: 580mm
- Wing Area: ~140" sq
- Length: 390mm
- Weight: 200-250g (Ready to fly with FPV and battery)
- Motor: STRIX Cobra 1407 3500KV (suggested)
- ESC: STRIX Cobra 10A with 2A UBEC (suggested)
- Servos: STRIX Emax ES9051 Digital (suggested)
- Prop: Gemfan Flash 3 Blade 3052 (APC 4.1 x 4.1 can also be used) (suggested)
- Battery: Li-ion 2s 3200mAH or Li-Po 1500-1800mAH 2s (suggested)
- Top Speed: 60mph on stock propeller or 70mph with APC 4.1x4.1(2s li-ion, verified by radar on several passes)
- Flight time - Varies with battery, but we typically see 40-50 minutes when having fun using the Li-ion packs, and over 60 is easily possible.
- 1x Kit Nano Goblin
- Wings and channel covers are unassembled
- Fuselage halves are unglued
- Control linkage is assembled, but not installed
- Upper and lower motor mount plates and canopy hatch are installed
- 1x Quick setup guide with Decals
- 1x Reusable box with a plastic handle (Fits in an airline overhead!)
- 4 Channel RC transmitter and receiver
- Flight battery
- FPV gear (optional)
- Motor, ESC, Servos, Propeller
Cobra 10A ESC User Guide